Eric Elmoor and The Gauntlet of Godric (Book 1)

Eric Elmoor and The Gauntlet of Godric (Book 1) - Thomas A.  Meyers Picking one word to describe this book, would be nearly impossible. Filled with action, adventure, mystery, rebellion, heartache and love, this is a fully satisfying story, perfect for any fantasy lover.

The characters created in this story are both original and nostalgic. Full of timeless classics in the fantasy genre, with tweaks and quirks to make them original, the creatures that fill this book leave the imagination whirling. The main characters are simply wonderful, all full of distinctive personalities and whit, they take the reader on a fantastic adventure.

One thing I loved about this story, is the depth of the challenge the main characters face, and the real-life struggles they deal with. Forced to choose between the bravery to do what's right and survival, they engage in a familiar good vs bad, light vs dark battle, where you're pulled into their struggle, and left wanting more.

Being the first book in a series, it does a wonderful job of introducing the characters and background story, while still being an action and adventure-packed book. The writing is quick, smooth, and entertaining. With as much humor as action, it is sure to satisfy any reader.

This is certainly a book I recommend, especially to any fan of Lord of the Rings or similar stories, and is a series I'll be excited to continue reading.

*I was given an ebook copy of this book, by the author, to read in exchange for an honest review.