City of the Gods: The Descendant

City of the Gods:  The Descendant - S.J. McMillan Between the intriguing synopsis and the gorgeous cover, this book had my attention pretty quick. I was excited for the chance to read this story, and it certainly didn't disappoint!

This book had everything needed for a great story. Filled with light history of the characters, intense and thrilling mysteries and surprises, character development, amazing plot progression, awesomely intense and descriptive action scenes, true love, and incredible strength of character, I couldn't have asked for any more. It was refreshing to read a book where a lot happened, instead of just one mystery or question being asked and answered. It seemed like each time a question was answered, or a mystery solved, another secret (or four) popped up and made the story even more exciting. I loved all the plot twists and turns, and all the surprises.

I really enjoyed how innocent this book was, as far as sexual content. It seemed to be focused far more on the emotional side of the characters, and their connections as friends and life-lines. It's immensely satisfying to watch the main character go from someone who didn't think she could stand on her own two feet very well, to someone who's willing to take on danger and evil no one else can, in order to protect humanity's future. What's really great about this book, is all the characters grow in so many ways, they all make the story come alive.

Overall, I really loved this book. The writing was simply fantastic! Quick and fluid, the author kept a wonderfully deep and intense adventure moving without skipping a beat. It's a great story, that pulls you in and leaves you connected to the characters, and craving more. I am excited to read the sequel, and can't wait to see what happens next!

*I was given an ebook copy of this book, from the author, to read in exchange for an honest review.