Amadi, the Phoenix, the Sphinx, and the Djinn

Amadi, the Phoenix, the Sphinx, and the Djinn - Katharina Gerlach This is a wonderful story, full of adventure, magic, friendship and courage.

Living in a society full of rules she doesn't believe in, and a family she doesn't fit in with, Amadi struggles to find her own path. Having the courage many people lack, she challenges tradition and expectations, and follows her heart through life-threatening situations and challenges.

Finding out secrets and lies in her past, Amadi sets out to right wrongs and do what she believes is right, even if it means she loses everything she cares about.

Meeting many unexpected friends, and running from a creature more fitting in a nightmare than reality, she finds adventure, love, and herself. The friendships she forms keep her strong, and she becomes a hero in her own heart.

This is a story sure to warm any heart, and fill any imagination to the brim. The Arabian culture and desert background of this adventure are written with fantastic details, and present a new kind of story. All of the characters are deep and interesting, and they all grow and change in some way, by the end of the series.

I took off a star, because it had a bit of a slow start, and took a while to catch my interest. After the story picked up, I was hardly able to stop reading! It has a perfect ending, and the trilogy as a whole is wonderful. I would certainly recommend reading this series.

*I was given an ebook copy of this book, by the author, in exchange for an honest review.