The Fallen Star (Fallen Star, #1)

The Fallen Star (Fallen Star, #1) - Jessica Sorensen
A young girl, who's never known affection from her grandparents, suddenly finds herself thrust into a world she'd only experienced in her nightmares. With mysterious new friends she's forced to trust, and creatures trying to kill her at every turn, how can she hope to deal with the biggest surprise yet- that she has a fallen star inside her?

Filled with deep characters, surrounded my mystery, danger and suspense, this book keeps you on your toes, until the very end, only to leave you wanting more!

This book does a fantastic job at setting the stage for a very exciting and unique adventure. Gemma finds herself in the middle of an epic battle between light and dark, and the power to end the world (or save it) hidden inside her. Only, it's not so hidden anymore, and now she has monsters who want her power, at any cost.

Living with distant and un-affectionate grandparents who turn out to have dark secrets of their own, Gemma's never gotten close to anyone. Then she runs into Alex (literally). Why does he hate her? His glares and cold attitude don't make her life any easier, and the fact his touch leaves her skin excited and warm makes it all the more confusing. It only gets more complicated when she finds out she has to trust him, maybe with her life.

Can she fight monsters and evil creatures? Can she stop them from opening the gates of the Underworld, bringing life as we know it to a shuttering halt? Can she figure out why Alex drives her so crazy?

I liked this book over all- the plot and story itself is very interesting. There were parts of the book I had to trudge through, as some of the details (and dialogue) are repeated. It's a good story over all though, and I'm looking forward to reading the second book. I recommend this book to any YA fan, who likes adventure, romance, thrills, and magic.