Crossed - Ally Condie I loved Matched, and this sequel blew it's predecessor out of the water! After the initial groundwork was laid for the future dystopian world Cassia, Ky and Xander live in, this book picks up right where the first left off, and pushes this adventure into new realms of excitement. Following Cassia on her harrowing adventure to follow her heart and do what she knows is right, she finds shocks and betrayals around every corner, continually flipping her already warped life upside down.

The characters we met in the first book of this series are all brought farther into the light with this book. Each seems to change dramatically, and make you question everything you thought you knew about them. They all grow and change, secrets are revealed, and all their lives are dramatically and irrevocably shifted. Just as in part one, I love them all. This book made me even more obsessed and attached to the three main characters than I was with Matched. A few side characters also returned in this sequel, as well as several new faces, all of who are just as wonderful as the rest.

As in the first, the writing in this book is fantastic. Ally Condie does a fantastic job with the alternating POV between the three main characters, using a writing style I personally adore. It's fantastic to read the progressing story from different people's eyes, and get to know them all a bit better. Personally, I absolutely love this book, and this series, and recommend it to anyone who enjoys YA dystopian adventures, with mild romance.