For Your Heart (Hill Dweller -- Retellings #1)

For Your Heart (Hill Dweller -- Retellings #1) - A.L. Davroe I'm a fan of most retellings, if they're done well. The idea for this book sounded interesting, and seemed like it could be entertaining. It was, for the most part. It's a good book to sit down with on a lazy afternoon.

The characters are interesting, and certainly fairy/fae-based. Most of the humans are fairly typical, focused on a well-rounded group of characters. The fae are interesting, and described well, in their uniqueness. The writing was pretty good, and I liked the fact that the author explained and described things in detail, instead of assuming the reader knows exactly what she's talking about.

So, why do I "like" this book, as opposed to "really like" or "love" it? Well, it was quite predictable. I knew what was going to happen a quarter of the way into it, which is fine, but didn't dazzle me. I did like this book though, and did enjoy the afternoon of entertainment. I would recommend it to fans of fae or fairy-tale retellings.

*I was given a copy of this book, from the author via Reading Addiction Book Tours, to read in exchange for an honest review.