Persephone

Persephone - Kaitlin Bevis I've always been a huge fan of mythology, and have spent many years studying Greek and Roman mythology, in particular. I love learning about "the gods" and their stories, personalities, and powers. To read a contemporary adventure, with all these mythical beings as main characters? I couldn't ask for a better story!

Persephone has always been one of my favorite goddesses. Reading this book, seeing her story played out in our time, through her eyes, is completely fascinating. It's wonderful to have Hades as a main character as well. I've always loved reading stories about him, and seeing him depicted the way he is in this book, is truly refreshing- no flaming hair or pointy teeth!

Kaitlin Bevis has come up with a very clever way of mixing these ancient myths into our modern world, never losing the mysterious and supernatural qualities that make the mythological deities mesmerizing. This is a book I know will be at the top of my "fav mythology books" list for quite a while. I'm excited to read the sequel, and see what happens with the incredibly exciting story.

*I was given an eCopy of this book, from the author, to read in exchange for an honest review.

Be sure to check out my blog post for this book! Includes a dream cast, character bios, excerpts, an author interview, and for a limited time, a giveaway!! Check it out here!