Slings & Arrows

Slings & Arrows - Julie Elizabeth Powell While non-fiction isn't generally a genre I read very often, I do enjoy it from time to time. The heaviness of reality can be good for a person who's used to escaping into fiction and fantasy. This novella certainly gave me a good taste of reality, and for a moment, allowed me to connect to another person in a very special way.

Every mother who's lost a child would be able to relate to this story somehow. Anyone who hasn't lost a child, won't be able to relate, but can sympathize easily. Written in a way that draws the reader into every emotion and thought of this experience, this author creates a true look into a mother's pain. Sharing her experience through fear, anger, confusion, and the finality of death, she has created a story that any mother who's experienced that loss can find comfort in.

This is certainly a hard book to read, and made my heart go out to this author. Reading about her experiences and her life through this situation was heart-wrenching, but something that I'm glad I read. I would recommend reading this book to anyone who's going or gone through a similar situation, and to anyone who's read or planning on reading the author's book Gone.

*I was given an ebook copy of this book, from the author, to read in exchange for an honest review.